16 Nov Sweet Potato Casserole
We found a sweet potato casserole that tastes the way Thanksgiving feels: rich, buttery and a little nostalgic. Do yourself a favor and make it for your guests this holiday season—it will feel right at home nestled next to your turkey, stuffing and cherished memories.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 lbs raw sweet potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 cup pecan halves
How To Do It:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add sweet potato chunks to a large stockpot and cover with water.
- Bring the sweet potatoes to a boil and cook on high heat until sweet potatoes are tender. After draining, transfer potatoes to a large bowl.
- In the same bowl, combine eggs, butter, milk, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, and beat using a handheld electric mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and smooth the top with a plastic spatula and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add butter and heat on high for about 1 minute, or until melted.
- In the butter bowl, add brown sugar, flour, salt, and toss with a fork or your fingers until crumbs form. Then, mix in the pecans.
- Add topping evenly across filling and bake for 45 minutes on 350 F.
Pro Tip: Cover and refrigerate your casserole for up to 24 hours if you’re prepping the night before.
Ready to Get Cooking!
Find everything you need by shopping with us online or in-store!Shop STREETside Find a Store