12 Jan Sip Your Way to Victory
The only thing sweeter than the refreshing taste of this sangria is sipping it with your whole team through all four quarters!
Prep Time: 5 min | Chill Time: 4 hours | Total Time: 4 hours 5 mins | Serves: 1 Pitcher
- 1 bottle cabernet sauvignon
- 1 ½ cup apple cider
- ½ apple brandy
- ¼ cup cinnamon simple syrup
- 2 soaked cinnamon sticks (from cinnamon simple syrup)
- 1 fuji apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small green pear, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ small pomegranate seeded
- ½ orange, thinly sliced
For the Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- Combine 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan, bringing it to a boil over high heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the syrup to a container with a lid, add the cinnamon sticks and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 48 hours.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and save to add to the sangria mix.
For the Sangria
- In a large (fridge safe) container, combine the wine, apple cider, apple brandy, cinnamon simple syrup and thinly sliced fruit.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Once ready, transfer to sangria glass and add cinnamon sticks to garnish.
Ready to sip on this delicious drink at your game-watching party?
Shop online to have the ingredients delivered right to your door! Visit your Market Street store for more ideas to make this a weekend a winner.Shop Online Find a Store