16 Nov Lobster Nachos
In honor of getting your everyday goodies and gourmet delectables at Market Street, we’re throwing together a series of dishes that pack the best of both worlds. On today’s menu? Lobster nachos: a fusion of fresh seafood and zesty flavors you’ll want to write songs about. Make it tonight for a dinnertime remix or please the crowds with this impressive and simple dish when you’re in a pinch. (Ha, get it?)
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 1 pound lobster meat- tails and claw meat, cleaned well of shells
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil or sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 cups heirloom tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 ripe avocados, diced large
- ½ cup sour cream
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 lime, cut in half
- ½ bunch of scallions, finely sliced
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled
Make It Now
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Slice the wonton wrappers on the diagonal to create two triangles from each wonton. Brush front and back of each triangle with oil. Place triangles on a metal baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until edges are dark brown. Allow triangles to cool on a wire rack.
3. Combine corn kernels, melted ghee and oil and pour mixture in a medium-size pan over medium heat to caramelize the corn. Place the corn in a medium mixing bowl and toss in the red onion, tomato, coriander and cumin. For an extra boost of zest, add cracked black pepper and kosher salt to taste and let it cool.
4. Line sheet pan with a layer of wonton chips. (Don’t be afraid to pile them on). Spread chunks of lobster on top of chips. Pour corn salsa mix over lobster and chips. Sprinkle bits of queso fresco. Repeat with another layer of chips, lobster, corn salsa and queso fresco. Place pan under broiler until queso begins to melt.
5. After removing the pan from the broiler, garnish with dollops of sour cream, diced avocado, scallions, more queso fresco and a hint of lime. If you’re trying to impress serve on a gorgeous white platter alongside champagne cocktails. May we also suggest paper plates?
Is your mouth watering? Good. Be sure to check out our other recipes and take our BuzzFeed quiz to find your unexpected food pairing.