13 Nov Gluten-Free Chocolate Pecan Brownies
Posted at 17:34h in Gluten-Free, Holiday
Brace yourselves, holiday bakers, because your cooling rack will never be the same. This recipe for chocolate pecan brownies packs the perfect balance of holiday spirit and Southern comfort. Whip up a pan for your guests for a foolproof way to share the flavors of the season.
What You’ll Need:
- 6 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 (leveled) cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- ½ tsp nutmeg
How To Do It:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- In a bowl, mix together cornstarch, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat butter and chocolate in 30-second increments. Stir after each 30 seconds until melted and smooth (about 2 minutes).
- In the same bowl, stir in sugar, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Next, stir in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Add cornstarch mixture from step 3 and stir vigorously until mixture is smooth and starts to pull away from side of bowl (about 2 minutes), then stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into the buttered pan and smooth out. Bake for about 35 minutes and rotate the pan halfway through.
- Once fully cooked, let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Using paper overhang, lift cake out of pan and serve to your liking.
Let’s Get Cooking!
Shop with us online or in-store to make this recipe today!Shop STREETside Find a Store