04 Dec Christmas Sugar Cookies
HungIn the land of yuletide cravings, happiness is a warm sugar cookie. Bring joy to your holiday kitchen with this recipe for the merriest sugar cookies of the season.
HOW IT’S MADE:
- Beat 1 cup sugar and the butter with an electric mixer until creamy, then add egg and vanilla (beating for 30 seconds) before adding flour (beating at low speed until combined).
- Put the dough on a lightly-floured piece of parchment paper, and roll to 1/4-inch thickness. Place the roll on a baking sheet and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Cutting the dough with lightly floured 2-inch cutters, place slices 1/2 inch apart on two lined baking sheets. Roll the scraps and repeat process.
- Bake each sheet at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes, then cool on a wire rack (about 30 minutes).
- Whisk together frosting ingredients until you have a thick mixture. Once satisfied with the thickness of the frosting, add to cookies and transfer to a wire rack. Decorate as desired before letting them stand for an hour.
Get everything you need to make our Christmas Sugar Cookies online or in store!